Thanks for reading my blog!

:) First of all, thank you so much for following/reading my blog! I really appreciate it! My blog is about basically anything, mostly events in my life, and sometimes I'll add my art. I try to keep my blog upbeat, enjoyable, and unique - I hope you enjoy it!
For any questions, complaints, or suggestions, or whatever email me at zeberaunicornasiss.gmail.com

12.24.2011

Christmas Traditions

Every Family Has Christmas Traditions.
( I don't know why every letter was capitalized, but I don't want to correct it.)
Even my freakishly chaotic large family that I love so much :D. (And if you want to know HOW large think of 7 children, and that wouldn't be including my 2 older siblings who moved out.)






One of my favorite Christmas traditions is when my family takes all of our old snowflakes, and make new ones, and we hang them up. That way, even though a white Christmas isn't promised, we can have one indoors. Not only that, but it's fun to look at my snowflakes from when I was 5, and they looked like blocks with four diamonds cut out of them.
A newer tradition my family does is sitting at the campfire, and cooking hot dogs, or starbursts, marshmallows, and paper (well- we burn that). Suddenly, instead of smelling nothing at all, I smell the sweet smoky smell of the fire.
My family also buys a real tree, because our old fake one became unbecoming, and my mom gave up trying to find a perfect fake tree under budget. As she says " It's better to have a real tree that smells good, and buy a new one every year than have a fake one that looks terrible." I agree with her, even though trees aren't cheap here as they are in Oregon, they remind me of when I went to visit my great grandmother there.We also have Santa cups from my great grandmother, my mom fills them up with candy for breakfast.
But the one Christmas tradition I'm going to miss is when we had a deck- we'd cover the stairs with snow so that we could sled down it with ease. But because we moved, we don't have a deck.

So Those are my Christmas Traditions- What are yours?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas :)

Teenage Blogger Central Admin said...

Wish we did the snowflake making, it sounds fun. Every year we go to a different relative, so there's no tradition, as such..

Anonymous said...

Ginger- In a way, visiting your relatives is a tradition. My family usually does this around Thanksgiving.
Perfecly Imperfect- :D Merry Christmas!