Thanks for reading my blog!

:) First of all, thank you so much for following/reading my blog! I really appreciate it! My blog is about basically anything, mostly events in my life, and sometimes I'll add my art. I try to keep my blog upbeat, enjoyable, and unique - I hope you enjoy it!
For any questions, complaints, or suggestions, or whatever email me at zeberaunicornasiss.gmail.com

3.08.2012

Driving to California


Struggling to get out of bed, I manage to drag my lifeless body across the room. After my brain registers that I have stumbled into the bathroom, I start brushing my hair to get ready for school. 
“Are you excited to go to California this today?” My mom asks.  By the way she looks, I can tell that she’s been up for a while. Unfortunately, she’s caught me off guard. Honestly, I’m not looking forward to going to California. While my hands were a zombie’s, my brain tries searching for a positive spin on the trip to watch my brother graduate from the marines.  I miss my brother, and I’m skipping out of a math test that I haven’t studied for.  When I try to think of the cons, the only thing that comes up is that I’m missing another competition, but that’s it.  Despite the fact that the “Pros” were winning in the argument quorum going in my head, my mind’s made its choice. I wasn’t very enthuastic about the trip.
My mom asked me again, and because of my restrained judgment, I tell the truth, “not really.” Almost as soon as I say it, I realize the mistake I made. My mom’s spent all of our extra money for this trip.
“Mr. Teacher, can you please send Eva to the Attendance office? She’s checking out. “
I swoop for my bag and almost bolt out of class before my driver’s ED teacher can show me one more seat belt commercial. Following my mom into the van, I cram into the back. I’m squished between my two sister’s car seats, and the air is already stale. Within hours, the cities dissolve into towns, and then into random houses in the middle of nowhere. The sun in the middle of the sky slowly descends behind the mountains. And then, when night clouds the sky, my beautiful mountains turn into silhouettes, and then vanish with the stars. Occasionally, we drive through canyons lit up with a huge yellow full moon.  As time comes by, I see civilization. A valley lighten up by buildings, shimmering gold. Suddenly I’m flashed by buildings of hues of red and purple. I’m seeing buildings of different shapes, all with different promising titles, even though they promise to sell the same thing: Bankruptcy.
Suddenly, I’m “Jumping for Joy” to view the California Beach

No comments: